Wednesday, March 28, 2007

No much done..

This weekend I was planning to finish plugging up my plug outlets. The biggest robber of your heat from your house is air infiltration.

This place is going to be an excellent wind site in the future. I found out this weekend that there was a water pumping windmill located on the land. The footers are still there as is the well casing where the water was pumped from. It was a shallow well and I don't think that it could be revived but I plan to find out. The current well on the property is apparently about 300 ft deep. I have to verify that with a well report which did not come with the house.

Ok back to air infiltration. The day we first moved it was quite windy. I put my hand over the plug outlets along the wall the wind was hitting and I could not believe the amount of air that was coming into the house through the wall plates! So I started on plugging the plugs up.

My next post will detail what my choices where and what I decided to do.

John

No comments: